Performance and Power profiling tool suite to enable the developers to optimize the performance of their applications running on AMD’s APU and CPU processors. It includes:
- Performance profiling to identify and analyze time critical hotspots and diagnose performance issues.
- Power profiling that provides system level power, frequency and thermal characteristics in real-time.
- Performance counter monitor utility AMDuProfPcm that provides basic performance metrics (Linux and FreeBSD only).
AMD uProf helps you to collect the profile data to identify the performance bottlenecks and provides a user friendly data visualization user interface to analyze the profile data. This tool helps to optimize wide variety of applications, drivers, game engines, etc.
(Data Visualization – Analyzing a performance profile session)
(Data visualization – Live power and thermal characteristics graph)
- Profile – HW PMC events based profiling, Instruction Based Sampling (IBS)
- Timer Based Profiling on x64 systems.
- Call-stack sampling for native applications.
- Real-time reporting of Power, Frequency and Thermal characteristics.
- Energy consumption analysis of applications.
- Thread concurrency analysis
- Attribution of profile data at different granularities – Process, Thread, Module, Function, Source line and Instruction.
- Standalone GUI and CLI.
- Languages – C, C++, C#, Java, FORTRAN, Assembly.
- Processors – AMD APUs, CPUs and discrete AMD GPUs.
- Host Operating Systems – Windows, Linux.
- Target Operating Systems – Windows, Linux.
- Support Remote Profiling to perform CPU and Power profiling on a remote system
- New AMDuProfPcm CLI tool to monitor basic performance monitoring Core, L3, DF and UMC based metrics (*Linux Only*)
- Thread Concurrency Graph
- Instruction MIX Analysis
- Improved stability
- Support for new processors including Ryzen, Threadripper and EPYC.
Ask the community
Please use Developer Community for bug reports, support and feature requests.