NEW! AOCC 3.0 is now available Downloads User Guide
The AOCC system is a high performance, production quality code generation tool. The AOCC environment provides various options to the developers while building and optimizing C, C++ and Fortran applications targeting 32-bit and 64-bit Linux® platforms. The AOCC system offers advanced optimizations, multi-threading and processor support. Also, it includes global optimization, vectorization, inter-procedural analyses, loop transformations and code generation. AMD provides highly optimized libraries, which extract the optimal performance from each x86 processor core when utilized. The AOCC suite simplifies and accelerates the development and tuning for x86 applications.
- Enabled, tuned and optimized for AMD EPYC architectures
- Based on LLVM Compiler Infrastructure
- Tuned for AMDLibM (AMD Math library)
- Flang as the default Fortran front-end with added F2008, Real 128 features
- Debugging support for clang/clang++ DWARF5 standards
- Debugging support for Flang DWARF4 standards
- Improved debugging support for FORTRAN arrays and pointers.
- Support for OpenMP® Debugging Interface (OMPD) in OpenMP® host C/ C++ programs for improved debugging
- Debug information support for offloaded codes in FORTRAN OpenMP®
- Tested on RHEL 8, CentOS 8, SLES 15, and Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- Enabled Spack support
Note: AOCC compiler binaries are suitable only for the Linux® systems having glibc version 2.17 or later.
What’s new in AOCC 3.0?
- Enabled, tuned and optimized for AMD EPYC 7xx3-series architectures
- Based on LLVM 12.0 trunk (llvm.org, 22-October-2020)
- Tuned for AMDLibM v3.7 (AMD Math library)
- Improvements to Flang debuggability
- Support for debugging Fortran modules, arrays, pointers, REAL128 datatype and more
- Addressed issues in compiling OpenMP® programs with -g option
- Improvements in OpenMP® Debugging Interface (OMPD)
- Improved support to commands OMPD bt, OMPD icvs
- Flang improvements
- Improved support for Array intrinsics, Math intrinsics and bit transformation functions
Resources and Technical Support
AOCC is a well-supported compiler suite. You can get technical support as follows:
- For technical support, email email@example.com
- 1×1 ticketing system for the NDA customers: A dedicated expert can provide you a 1×1 support, advice, or help debug an issue over the private web based ticketing .
Note: You need NDA with AMD and an AMD-SSO login.
Note: Read the AOCC Technical Support Agreement before raising a support ticket.
Ask the Connected Community
If you have a general question or need help from the community, you can post them in the AMD community or search for existing posts. This helps build the knowledge base, which will be useful to all the AMD users.
Refer here for older versions.
Please read the README for install steps.