In order to facilitate a common method of interfacing graphics APIs, such as OpenGL ES, with the window system of the native platform, The Khronos Group developed EGL, a cross-platform API that provides support for context management, surface binding, and rendering synchronization.
Typically, emulators or translation layers are required to develop and execute OpenGL ES application in desktop environments, but with this SDK, AMD provides fully compliant native support for OpenGL ES 2 and EGL on systems running AMD Radeon™ HD, AMD Mobility Radeon™ HD, and AMD FirePro™ graphics cards.
Included Tools and Libraries
- OpenGL ES 2 and EGL headers
- 32 bit and 64 bit OpenGL ES 2 libraries for Microsoft Windows® and Linux® environments
- 32 bit and 64 bit EGL libraries for Microsoft Windows® and Linux® environments
- Sample application for interfacing OpenGL ES 2 and EGL with Microsoft Windows® and Linux® operating systems.
- A simple tutorial for developing with EGL and OpenGL ES 2 is included in the SDK
- OpenGL ES specifications and reference.
- EGL specifications and samples.