This panel lists all the profiling sessions that have been performed for projects contained in the current solution, indicating the type of profile for each session. It automatically loads all previous sessions when a solution is opened. Click on a specific session to see the result of the profile for the session. Right Click on a specific session to rename it, delete it or to open the folder (in Windows Explorer) that contains the session output file. Drag and drop a previously generated file from Windows Explorer to the Session Explorer in order to view the profiler results in the APP Profiler Session or APP Profiler Timeline window.
At the top of the panel there are six toolbar buttons:
- Collect GPU Performance Counters – Collect GPU performance counters for the active project.
- Collect Application Trace – Collect application trace data for the active project.
- Import Profile Result – Select a previously generated profile result file (typically a .csv or .atp file) to view in the APP Profiler Session window or APP Profiler Timeline window. You can use this mechanism to load a result file generated when using the command line profiler or to load a result file generated when using the profiler on Linux.
- Clear Sessions – Delete all the sessions.
- Open Profile Settings – Open the APP Profiler Settings Window to configure the profiler.
- Open Help Panel – Open this help documentation.