RenderMonkey has reached end of life. AMD no longer supports RenderMonkey, but makes it available for download without warranty.
RenderMonkey is a rich shader development environment for both programmers and artists that facilitates the collaborative creation of real-time shader effects.
- RenderMonkey contains a full featured shader editor, allowing for rapid prototyping of shaders. The integrated shader compiler and preview window provide immediate visual feedback for the effect under development – ensuring that errors in programming are identified early in the development process.
- Incorporates a number of features to aid in shader debugging and optimization.
- The RenderMonkey SDK supports the creation of custom importers and exporters, allowing tight integration of RenderMonkey into your current workflow
- Support for Microsoft’s DirectX .FX format ensures interoperability with all major DCC packages.
- The artist specific workspace view and artist editor allows much of the programming complexity of shaders to be hidden from artists
- Shader parameters can be adjusted using familiar widgets.
- The integrated preview window provides immediate visual feedback on any changes.
- RenderMonkey is tightly coupled with artists existing texture and modelling tools.
RenderMonkey includes full support for the latest DirectX® (9.1), OpenGL® (2.0), and OpenGL ES® (2.0) shading languages. RenderMonkey also includes a large number of sample effects which are freely available to be used and customized for your applications.