ATI_Compress is AMD’s library for texture compression. It is used by The Compressonator in its ATI 3Dc compression plug-in. It is also available to third party developers who wish to incorporate it within their own applications. It can compress to a wide range of compression formats including ATI2N, DXT & swizzled DXT formats. It also supports conversion of textures between 8bit fixed, 16bit fixed & 32bit float formats.
Version 1.81 (6/29/2011)
- VisualStudio 2008 and 2010 are now the only supported builds.
- Fixed issues with size calculation for compressing to R8 and RG8 formats.
- Add support for compiling into applications using SAFESEH option.
Version 1.7 (12/18/2008)
- New ATI_TC_Speed compression option with new fast & super-fast compression modes.
- New ATI_TC_FORMAT_RGB_888 texture format.
- Support for ATI_TC & ETC compression formats.
- 64-bit libraries.
- Help file documentation.
- New ATI_Compress_Test & ATI_Compress_Benchmark sample applications.
Version 1.6 (12/19/07)
- Support for Microsoft D3D10 BCn compression formats.
- Support for single & double channel (i.e. R & RG) formats.
Version 1.5 (08/21/07)
- Maintenance release.