Framewave is a collection of open source image and signal processing routines designed to accelerate application development, debugging, and optimization on x86-class processor platforms. Sponsored by AMD, the Framewave project offers developers unparalleled, code-level access to a vast array of signal and image functions and routines designed with “code faster, faster code” in mind. Derived from the AMD Performance Library, Framewave revolutionizes the way silicon manufacturers deliver performance and optimization tools into the hands of software developers.
- API compatible with the Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel® IPP)
- Mac OS support
- MPEG1 and MPEG2 Decode support
- Open source — Developers are no longer beholden to a proprietary code base
- Self-supporting community of contributors and enthusiasts
- Apache licensing model — create derivative and even proprietary works or gain personal fame by contributing to the Framewave project
- ISVs can implement just those functions and routines needed to ensure optimal performance benefits
- Better application performance on x86 class processors
- Compressed development time and time-to-market
- Re-factored to use SSEPlus. Please follow the SSEPlus for additional details.