AMD GPU 3D/Compute Documentation
I’m happy to announce the release of programming guides and register specifications for the 3D/Compute engines on AMD GPUs having the following codenames: Evergreen, Northern Islands, Southern Islands, and Sea Islands. This brings AMD’s public 3D documentation up to date with all currently available asics!
New Register Reference and Programming Guides:
- AMD Evergreen 3D/Compute Register Reference Guide
- AMD Northern Islands 3D/Compute Register Reference Guide
- AMD Evergreen/Northern Islands Acceleration Programming Guide
- AMD Southern Islands 3D/Compute Register Reference Guide
- AMD Sea Islands 3D/Compute Register Reference Guide
- AMD Southern Islands/Sea Islands Acceleration Programming Guide
Previously Released Register and Programming Guides:
- AMD R3xx 3D Register Reference Guide
- AMD R5xx 3D Register Reference and Programming Guide
- AMD R6xx/R7xx 3D Register Reference Guide
- AMD R6xx/R7xx Acceleration Programming Guide
In addition to programming guides, AMD continues to support open source projects such as the Linux kernel, xorg, and mesa projects that are designed to enable fully open source reference drivers for all currently available AMD hardware GPUs.
Alex Deucher is the open source graphics driver architect at AMD. His postings are his own opinions and may not represent AMD’s positions, strategies or opinions. Links to third party sites, and references to third party trademarks, are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, AMD is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of AMD or any of its products is implied.